Having a website that converts visitors to lead one major of every business. Your business website design should be the eye to your business and it should be able convey your brand’s message to site visitors. Website should be able to meet customer’s expectation for good first-impression and great user experience.
With advancement of technology and innovation, customers Websitepurchase habit has changed. Your website’s user interface should be superb and content should be tailor to customer’s needs.
On this post we are going to discuss five aspect of a website design that requires maximum attention for good user experience (UX). However, this may not be an exhaustive list, but with these put into consideration, you should have a user-friendly website that converts visitors to customers.
Menu is the door of your website, it lets users navigates through different section of your website. It doesn’t make sense if your website looks good but users are unable to locate the informations they are searching for.
- Menu should simple and easily location at the top bar of your website.
- Menu should be responsive across all devices (Desktop, Laptop, Tablets & Mobile)
- Menu titles should very visible to user.
- Maintain consistency across all Pages.
- Use the right text, colour, and size.
- Use link colour appropriately
- Use internal and external links appropriately.
Having the right copy is proportional to having a good design. The content of each page on your website should be able meet a set goal, answer user questions and offer value. Your content need to be unique, concise and customers-centric.
- Make your contents simple and concise.
- Focus on what is important
- You don’t need to have all the content at once.
- Use minimum paragraph length.
- Avoid using ALL CAP paragraph. All caps letter are hard to read
- Use heading appropriately
There is no set rule to how a website layout should look like, but using the right tool makes a lot of difference. A well-structured page layout can enhance good user experience.
- Use wireframe
- Use grid layout
- Use pre-built theme
Images & Graphics
Pictures speaks louder than words. Research has shown that the human’s brain digest pictures faster than text. Images speaks a thousand word at first sight. Research has also shows that social media post with picture/graphics has more impression and just text.
- User high resolution pictures
- Use the right image/graphics for the right purpose.
- Avoid free pictures if possible
Call-to-action text/button increase the conversation rate of your website. Call-to-actions make user to take an action toward your product/services weather adding an item to chart or requesting a quote. Call-to-actions are the driving force of any digital champaign and it worth paying maximum attention.
- Maintain consistency
- Use the right size (Not too small, Not too big)
- Use the right colours
Your business website should be able to convey your brand’s mission, value, culture and products & services. Your business website should able to meet customer needs and expectation as well enhance business growth.
I hope you enjoy reading.
Palment can help you create a website that enhances your business growth. Contact us today to discuss your project.